Makes: 18 servings
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 cups tomatoes (fresh, unsalted
canned, or frozen)
- 2½ cups dried kidney beans,
or 6¼ cups
- 1 cup parsley (fresh), chopped¼
cup unsalted tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder,
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups water
- 3 cups brown rice, uncooked
Combine all ingredients except rice in 8-quart stockpot.
Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and cook partially
covered for 3 to 3½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook rice in 3-quart saucepan according
to package directions. Set aside.
To serve, place ½ cup rice in bowl and top
with 1½ cups chili.